Books, books, & still more books.

So if you're anything like me you tend to be reading through multiple books at the same time. Just out of curiosity what books are you all going through presently? I; myself, am readying through  Welsh Witchcraft (A guide to the Spirits,Lore, & Magic of Wales) by Mhara Starling,  The Crooked Path (An Introduction to Traditional Witchcraft) by Kelden, & A book of Pagan Prayer by Ceisiwr Serith

You need to be a member of Pagan World to add comments!

Join Pagan World

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi! I like the title of this posting.

• If we discount the fiction I'm reading, then I'm reading Water Magic by Mari Silva and The Pastel Magic Book of Tarot Spreads by Maria Morales. The Tarot spread book is a slow one, as I *try* to use one new spread per day. I'm 95% through that one. This is also aside from the Correllian classes that I'm using both their books and the website to study.

I really enjoyed A Book of Pagan Prayer by Ceisiwr Serith. I think that's one that I found as an ebook at my local library. Either that or I read it with Kindle Unlimited.

• I am reading MASTERING WItCHCRAFT, by Paul Huson.WITCHCRAFT TODAYby Gerald B Gardner.Book 4 by Crowley..I've also been browsing Initiation in the Aeon of the Child by J Daniel Gunther..and the Angel in the Abyss by the same Author.

• From my end, I read across a fairly broad array of subjects, more non-fiction than fiction, and truly enjoy books -- physical preferrable, but more frequently Kindle to save space in home after donating hundreds of books. At this very moment, from fiction side am reading Brian Lumley's Necroscope (1986) -- not sure why it took this long to get around to this excellent book.

From subject matters more relevant to here, I've been reading Rev. Don Lewis' Witch School: First Degree (2014, Kindle version) which am using as adjunct to class work. Just this past week I obtained Llewellyn's 2023 Sabbats Almanac, and started reading the excellent first article under Samhain (getting ahead of things) as it dealt with death, decay, and transition, and it was specifically fitting for a personal event that happened midweek.  I really enjoy these Llewllyn Almanacs and ability to sip them in stints and refer back to them.  Another book I've been reading, again started just this past week, is Scott Cunningham's Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner (1993). I have another book or two of his, and enjoy his pragmatic views (am a little behind on these common classics versus more recent ones in this space).

In general, I much prefer to stay focused and get a book finished without also splitting across a few at the same time, but most of those noted above nicely consume in sections as conducive to application, training, or seasonal event. If I start scanning my eyeballs across my office, I think I'll see others I could flag as having recently started, so I better stop with noting these few.

This reply was deleted.